SIC – Portal >>> Software Internet Computer - Portal

he pick used on Moore by trading tackle Trent Brown and a fifth-rounder to New England earlier in the day for the selection.

in Internetschutz 10.10.2018 05:57
von douhua2233 | 147 Beiträge

Matt Forte spent the past few weeks weighing his difficult decision – to continue a terrific playing career or walk away from the game he loves.

On Wednesday http://www.greenbaypackersteamonline.com/montravius-adams-jersey , one of the NFL’s most versatile running backs carried the ball for the final time.

The 32-year-old Forte announced his retirement from playing after 10 NFL seasons in a humble and heartfelt statement to Sports Spectrum that he also sent on Twitter and Instagram.

”It’s time for the workhorse to finally rest in his stable,” Forte wrote.

He had one year remaining on his contract with the Jets, but knee issues during his two seasons in New York, as well as his age, made him a likely salary cap casualty this offseason.

Instead, Forte went out on his own terms.

”For the past 10 years, I’ve been blessed to play professionally a game that I’ve loved since I was 6 years old,” Forte wrote. ”But after much prayer and reflection, I’ve decided to retire from the NFL.”

The move saves the Jets $3 million on their salary cap – the same amount if they had released him.

Forte’s 9,796 yards rushing rank him 33rd on the NFL’s career list. He also had 554 receptions, including setting the league record for running backs with 102 catches in 2014.

The two-time Pro Bowl selection’s 14,468 yards from scrimmage over the past 10 years are the most of any NFL player during that span.

Forte spent his first eight seasons with Chicago after being drafted in the second round out of Tulane in 2008. With the Bears, he established himself as one of the best all-around running backs in the league as an electrifying presence who could make plays running or catching the ball out of the backfield.

Forte ran for more than 1 Authentic Filip Forsberg Jersey ,000 yards in five of his eight seasons with Chicago, and caught at least 50 passes six times.

”The roar of the crowd at Soldier Field as I’d break a run or make a big catch,” Forte wrote, ”will forever be ingrained in my mind.”

He became a free agent after the 2015 season, and the Jets signed him to a three-year, $12 million contract.

Forte led New York with 813 yards rushing, but it was a career low for the running back who ended the season on injured reserve. He had arthroscopic surgery on the knee at the end of the 2016 season to repair a torn meniscus.

Forte was ready for the season opener, but swelling in the knee worsened last November and Forte said he was ”basically playing on one leg” since. He ended up on injured reserve to end the season for the second straight year.

He had a career-low 381 yards rushing on just 103 carries last season and ran for two touchdowns, and also had 37 catches for 293 yards – the second-lowest totals of his career – and one TD.

Forte said late last season that he had no intentions of calling it a career, despite saying he did not produce ”up to standards.” But he changed his mind during the past few weeks.

”While my heart is a bit heavy as I close this chapter of my life,” Forte wrote, ”I am excited about what the future holds.”

Forte thanked his parents, wife Authentic Paul Worrilow Jersey , agent, the Bears, the Jets and the fans in his statement. He called his career ”a miracle” and said playing in Chicago allowed him ”to live out my childhood dream in playing for the Bears.”

The announcement drew several messages of congratulations and best wishes on social media from current and former teammates with the Jets and Bears. Fellow running backs on other teams such as DeMarco Murray and Mark Ingram also tweeted about Forte,

Former Bears center Olin Kreutz, who played with Forte for three seasons, called him ”one of the best all-around backs of his era , if not the best.”

Added former Bears fullback Jason McKie : ”I knew you were special the 1st day you set foot in Halas Hall.”

Jets safety Jamal Adams, a rookie last season, called Forte “a true class act.”

Former Bears coach Lovie Smith, who had Forte in his backfield from 2008-12, said “few players embody all-around success better than him! Proud to be his coach.”

For the Jets, Forte’s decision opens a spot in the backfield. Bilal Powell led New York with a career-high 772 yards rushing and five touchdowns, and caught 23 passes for 170 yards. He is signed through next season and is expected back.

The Jets also have Elijah McGuire Youth Christian Djoos Jersey , who had 315 yards rushing and a touchdown in his rookie season after being drafted in the sixth round out of Louisiana-Lafayette. Jeremy Langford, Jahad Thomas, Akeem Judd are also on the roster, but the Jets are likely to target a running back in free agency or in the draft in April.

The San Francisco 49ers got more help for quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo on Friday by trading up in the NFL draft to take speedy receiver and record-setting returner Dante Pettis out of Washington with the 44th overall pick.

The Niners traded the 59th and 74th overall picks to the Washington Redskins for the pick used on Pettis and the 142nd overall selection.

San Francisco then targeted defense with its next two picks in the third round, taking BYU linebacker Fred Warner with the 70th overall selection and Southern Mississippi defensive back Tarvarius Moore at 95.

San Francisco paid a premium to move up in the draft but felt Pettis' game-breaking speed made it worth the price.

Pettis caught 63 passes for 761 yards and seven TDs last season for Washington. He has experience playing outside and in the slot and provides another deep threat in coach Kyle Shanahan's offense for Garoppolo to utilize.

"I'm hoping to do a lot of different things," Pettis said. "Whether that's taking a deep post, taking the top off of the defense or getting a little screen and breaking a few tackles, making a big play that way or just moving the chains on third down. There's a lot of different things that I feel I can do that I can translate into the NFL."

Pettis is also extremely sure-handed. He dropped just three of his 64 catchable targets, according to Pro Football Focus, ranking 13th best in the nation last season.

He also is the NCAA record-holder with nine punt returns for touchdowns, including four last season. He has a career average of 14.2 yards per return. San Francisco has gone 111 straight games without a punt return for a touchdown.

Pettis is the son of former major leaguer Gary Pettis and the cousin of former NFL receiver Austin Pettis. Gary Pettis was born and raised in nearby Oakland and is currently the third-base coach for the World Series champion Houston Astros.

"It was awesome growing up," Dante Pettis said. "I've been around professional sports my whole life. I already have the lay of the land. Obviously, football is a little bit different than baseball Mark Stone Jersey , but for the most part it's still a professional sport. They all go about their business pretty much the same way. I'm just excited to actually be here now."

Warner started all 13 games last season, leading BYU with 87 tackles, including nine for loss, along with one interception and five pass breakups. He has seven career interceptions, including two returned for touchdowns, as he has excelled in coverage.

"I think that's kind of why they like me so much is my ability to play out in space and cover at a high level," he said. "I'm more than willing and I feel like I'm very capable of being able to cover the tight ends and any slot receivers, because that's what I was asked to do in college football."

Warner is capable of playing the weakside or middle linebacker spot on San Francisco's defense but said the team envisioned him more in the middle. The Niners might need some insurance there with starter Reuben Foster facing three felony counts from a domestic violence case that could impact his availability.

Moore measured 6-foot-2, 190 pounds and ran a 4.32 40-yard dash at his pro day. Moore started one season at Southern Miss, recording 87 tackles, three interceptions and 10 pass breakups last season.

The Niners got the pick used on Moore by trading tackle Trent Brown and a fifth-rounder to New England earlier in the day for the selection.

That deal came a day after the Niners found Brown's replacement when they took Notre Dame tackle Mike McGlinchey with the ninth overall pick.

Womens Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys

nach oben springen

Software Internet Computer - Portal
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Hardy Jenny
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 7496 Themen und 7640 Beiträge.